Cacao or Cocoa?
Cocoa is fermented to remove the bitter taste and develop flavor. Then the cacao seeds are heated and ground into powder. This does not make it inferior to raw cacao, it’s just been heated to a higher temperature while still retaining lots of antioxidants that are good for heart, skin, blood pressure, and stress.
The beans are made into powder by cold-pressing them. This process maintains the live enzymes in the cacao but is not referred to as cocoa powder.
To make is simple… Cocoa powder is raw cacao roasted at high temperatures.
Some facts include:
- Extracts from these beans are commonly used for cocoa butter and they are used to make chocolate.
- A study performed by Cancer Research of Hawaii revealed that cacao has high concentrations of several bioactive compounds with distinct properties.
- According to a 2011 review in the “Chemistry Central Journal,” cacao is a “super fruit” producing large antioxidant effects and having a high nutrient content.
- Antioxidant Benefits Extracts from the cacao bean have been scientifically proven to have a high concentration of antioxidants that rid your body of free radicals.
- Cardiovascular Benefits Scientific research by the “European Journal of Cancer Prevention” stated that the antioxidants contained in the cacao bean, beta-sitosterol in particular, play a protective role against the development of cancer.
- Lowers Cholesterol – consumption of cacao has been associated with lowering serum cholesterol in humans. The higher the cacao content of chocolate, the greater its cholesterol-lowering benefit.
Cacao is considered a “super food” with benefits such as:
- Antioxidants such as polyphenols, catechins and epicatechins.
- Vitamin C.
- Omega 6 fatty acids
- And, “feel good” compounds that trigger a euphoric feeling, improving mood greatly.
The benefits support your health by:
- Protecting our cells – anti-aging
- Improving heart health
- Enhancing brain function
- Preventing constipation
- Relieving menstrual cramps
- Balancing blood sugar
- Increasing blood oxygen
- Strengthening immune function
- Liver and pancreas health
- Healthy skin
Cacao can be found in some of the following:
- And ganache.
Most importantly, the darker the chocolate with less sugar, the greater the benefits.
Your Intestinal Tract is the largest immune system. Your questions with simple answers. Get your copy today! www.intestinalhealthbook.com
Regular health videos and recipes: YouTube http://bit.ly/1VfVFT2 SUBSCRIBE!