Slip, Sliding, Away…
Away, to improved digestion and ease of elimination. Not only are fats essential for heart, blood, immune system and brain, they make it easy to eliminate, given the correct type of fats. Let’s break it down in to two polyunsaturated sources of fat and three types of food source fat.
Two polyunsaturated sources of fat are:
- Omega 3 – marine flora & fauna as well as some plant sources
- Omega 6 – primarily seeds, nuts, soy, corn & sunflower
Foods contain at least one of these three sources of fats:
- Monounsaturated – avocado, nuts, canola, peanut, & olive oil
- Saturated – milk & meat products, commercial baked goods, deep-fried food, coconut & palm oil
- Polyunsaturated – fish & seafood, safflower, sunflower, corn, & soy oils as well as seeds and brazil nuts.
So, what does this all mean?
Simply put… include more good (polyunsaturated & monosaturated oils) in your diet and fewer bad (saturated) oils to provide essential nutrients and improve digestion. Look at the benefits:
- Heart health, including:
- Regulating heart beat
- Lowers Bad cholesterol (triglycerides)
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improves blood vessel elasticity
- Reduces “stickiness” of the blood
- Reduces risk of depression
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports the immune system
- Helps the fetus with normal brain development
- Provides energy for your body
- Provides insulation for vital organs
- And, assists in absorption of vitamins A, D, K, & E.
More tips to keep your digestion humming: pages 12-15 Intestinal Health ~ A Practical Guide to Complete Abdominal Comfort http://amzn.to/2ckb2Mm
Let’s look at the different oils and fats:
- And, some nuts.
- Palm Kernel
- And, Pork.
The point is, eating oils are a great source of essential fatty acids with multiple benefits for your body and health. And, always best to stick with the oils without or with lower cholesterol levels.
Fast Health Tip & Recipe Videos: http://bit.ly/1RYWcvN – SUBSCRIBE.