Weight Loss with Portion Control
Eating fresh, unprocessed food is most important for weight management. Next is portion control… Add exercise (or walking) and you have a recipe for weight loss as well as better health! Finally, adjust your food portions/caloric intake to your body weight and muscle-to-fat ratio. For example: young, healthy, fit and active increases size/intake, while middle ages or older and inactive decreases size/intake accordingly.
Health Tips & Recipes: http://bit.ly/1RYWcvN – SUBSCRIBE.
It’s simple, just omit packaged foods and replace with fresh foods, then apply these basic rules to help you manage portion sizes:
- Use smaller plates to reduce portions if trying to lose weight.
- Divide your plate into four portions.
- At least half (two portions) of your plate should include color; for example, fruits, vegetables, or squash.
- Choose a lean protein of fish, poultry, or meat for one more portion.
- Add a whole grain for the final portion of your plate; for example, rice, quinoa, millet, etc.
- Use minimal fats and oils and only those that are low in saturated fats; for example, avocado, olive, almond, sesame or canola oil (optional).
You get the idea! Use common sense, take your time, chew your food, and stop when you are full—or even better, before…
Portion Control & Weight Loss: pages 148-49 Intestinal Health ~ A Practical Guide to Complete Abdominal Comfort http://amzn.to/2ckb2Mm