The Magic of FIGS
Figs are full of nutritional value, essential nutrients, and might just be called a “super food”!
One serving is considered six small figs. These six small figs provide you with:
- Lots of carbohydrates for energy
- Two full grams of protein to building lean mass
- Rich in fiber to make you poop
- Plenty of copper to activate enzymes that support connective tissue, brain cell communication, aids in energy production, AND assists with iron absorption
- Provide vitamin K which helps with blood clotting and fresh figs provide vitamin A for cellular reproduction and eye health
If you eat dried figs, yum… be sure to increase your water intake – just like you would for any dried fruit.
Enjoy your figs:
- As a snack
- Chopped up in a green salad
- Added to chicken salad
- Blended in a smoothie
- On top of cheese slices
- Pureed with olive oil and balsamic or apple cider vinegar for salad dressing
- Or, sliced in a sandwich!