Are You Truly Living?
Just ask your Liver … The liver is one of the three “vital organs” of the body and plays a major role in keeping you healthy… because, it performs more than 700 functions each day! Many of these functions support the digestive process, contribute to healthy nutrient absorption and immune function.
Did you know that the Liver…?
- Has two lobes (right and left)
- Is in the right upper quadrant of the abdominal cavity, resting just below the diaphragm.
- It lies to the right of the stomach and overlays the gallbladder.
- It is the primary detoxification organ.
- An essential contributor to maintaining a healthy metabolism.
- Is involved in distribution, absorption, and excretion (see below).
- Does 700+ functions, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells (blood cleansing), plasma protein synthesis, hormone and cholesterol production, as well as detoxification.
Here’s the details:
- The liver works with the digestive system to regulate the amount of sugar in the blood. If the digestive system absorbs too much sugar (glucose), the liver converts the sugar into glycogen and stores it for later use.
- The liver produces an alkaline compound called bile, which is stored in the gallbladder and breaks down cholesterol. This process results in a substance called micelles.
- In order to maintain normal vital functions, the highly specialized tissues of the liver also regulate several important biochemical reactions of digestion, including amino acid synthesis and the breakdown processes of protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
- As a major player in metabolism and detoxification, the liver may be highly affected by harmful toxins.
- The liver stores 4,000 to 5,000 mcg of B12. When B12 in the liver becomes depleted, liver function is compromised.
Keep your digestion humming: pages 79-81 Intestinal Health ~ A Practical Guide to Complete Abdominal Comfort http://amzn.to/2ckb2Mm
Avoid these issues by taking care of your liver:
- Hepatic Cysts
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Liver Cancer
Liver disease symptoms may include added weight around the middle, jaundice, abdominal pain, weakness, fatigue, and nausea, and may even lead to premature death.
No worries, under the right conditions and given proper care, the liver—amazingly—may regenerate itself completely.
Fast Health Tip & Recipe Videos: http://bit.ly/1RYWcvN – SUBSCRIBE.